Monday, February 2, 2015

"Demon Woman"

Dear Family and Friends

This has definitely not been a normal week. We had a pretty normal P-day but the next day we decided to go door knocking and at the first door we knocked on we met this guy who looked like he was on drugs and after we started to introduce ourselves he spat out all this Anti-Mormon stuff and I asked him if he has read the Book of Mormon and he claimed to have read it 4-5 times and didn't believe it. After asking about what he thought about the Bible, he said it was compiled by the Illuminati and that it compels people to worship Satan and that members of the church worship him as well. I realized that he wasn't anti- Mormon he was just crazy so I said goodbye and left. Apparently that's not the first time that has happened to Elder Jensen which is not really surprising. We knocked on a couple more doors after that but I was just distracted at what that guy had said so we stopped and went to visit some people.

We went by one of our investigators homes and she had some people over and one of the ladies there started to say some of the same things that the first guy had as well so we bore our testimonies that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and left. She was an interesting lady because she has been attending this church that's just up the road from ours and they believe in speaking in tongues but she thinks its bogus and doesn't believe a lot of the things that they teach and I wanted to ask her why she still attends that church but whatever. We ended up being somewhat productive with the rest of the night but I was a bit confused at why we were having so much trouble and why everyone we were meeting was somewhat negative but I remembered the parable of the sower in Matthew 13 and I took it to mean that because the people were so wicked that they became as the Wayside and didn't give it a chance to grow within themselves. 

On Saturday we had our ward activity and when we first got there we had some rain but it wasn't too bad. We were doing a game called The Amazing Race and my team ended up winning so we decided to play soccer with the few amount of people we had there and because I know how competitive I get, I decided to be goalie. The ground was pretty slick because of the rain fall which made the game pretty hard to play and because my offense was lacking and I was having to block a lot so I took the ball and went on the offense by myself and I ended up crashing into Tara (one of our Recent Converts) because it was so slippery and later I found out that I put her in the hospital and gave her a concussion (not good). We gave her a blessing and I went and bought her chocolate to say sorry but she said it was fine and she wasn't mad but I still feel bad.

The next day was Sunday and Tara brought with her a friend who was not a member and she convinced her to take the lessons from us later that day. The lesson went pretty horribly, I felt fine but some of the things my companion brought up were not really relevant to the Restoration. At the end he asked her to be baptized and that freaked her out and as we were leaving he asked if there was another time we could see her and she said she would think about it. We got a call about 30 minutes later rom Tara saying that she didn't want to take lessons from us and that she might not come back to church (her friend, not Tara). I was sad at first but I decided to not let it bug me but I could tell it bugged Elder Jensen the rest of the day.

That's basically what happened this week and I have been trying to keep strong but its been a pretty tough last couple of weeks. I know that the Lord is with me as long as I stay obedient and have a testimony of the things that I am teaching and other people cannot change that. 

Thanks for all the support you have given me.

Elder Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment