Monday, February 9, 2015

"Bowies in Space"

Dear Family and Friends:

Been a pretty good week here in Tokoroa. We went to Mangakino and met a really funny Atheist guy who tried to convince us that "it is silly to believe in God" and that "praying is speaking to someone who isn't there and you can get locked up for that" HAHA!!!!! It was an interesting time we had but it just made me sad to know that people like him exist in the world. The rest of the week went well and I think I am really improving on my teaching skills. I have just read Our Search for Happiness and let me tell you, that is one of my favorite books of all time. I felt the spirit "hard out" (haha New Zealand slang) when I read it and Ballard is definitely a man of God. I am so thankful for all the study resources we have as members of the church because if I was limited to the Bible I would be lost. My testimony is growing day-by-day and I hope that it continues to grow throughout the rest of my time here.

The fashion here in New Zealand is insane. Not that the clothes people wear are really cool but that they make them look like they should be in a mental asylum.
 
Here is a list of things people wear....
-Rugby Shorts ( at all times)
-Safety Vests ( like the ones that constuction workers wear, with no shirt on underneath)
-Woolen Tank Tops ( yup. I need one)
-Puffy Coats ( Its summer over here, and they wear Rugby Shorts on underneath)
-Gum Boots ( basically just rain boots)
-Jandals ( just really budget (budget means really poor quality) sandals)

These are just a few of the things people wear but for the most part they wear styles similar to things you see in America. I'll try and take some pictures of people but I'm not sure how that will go.

We have transfers on Thursday this week and I might be getting transfered or getting a leadership position but I am not sure on either one. The Zone Leaders keep hinting that I am going to be the DL for our District (because our DL got sent home this transfer for..... things.....) but I don't know.

Elders Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment