Monday, April 18, 2016

"You know what it means when I'm down to my socks"

April 10, 2016

It has been a really good week here in the Paeroa Branch.

Since we are on the other side of the world, we don't get General Conference until the next week so we saw General Conference yesterday and on Saturday! The talks that were given were so powerful and I came out with answers to many of my questions that I had been having over the past couple weeks and months. My favorite talk from Conference was President Uchtdorf's in the Sunday Morning session although I am not sure if we are supposed to have a favorite talk haha :).

The rest of our week was really rough. On Tuesday I woke up with a sore stomach and at District Meeting I threw up only minutes before I had to present a training. After resting for a bit at the chapel we went back to Waihi so that I could rest because I would not have made it to Thames and back. I could barely stand as I gave my training and as I was driving home I had a hard time staying awake but I ended up making it home. I felt much better on Wednesday but still could not exert myself too much because of the lack of energy.

Other then that the week was really quite slow. We spent most of the week walking around on the streets and knocking doors because 3/4ths of the plans that we made the night before had fallen through. We did end up with a few new potential investigators so we were pretty excited but none of our investigators are keeping their commitments so we struggled with that as well. We have been working to make this next week the best week of the transfer!!!

Hope all is well back home!

Elder Mitchell


No comments:

Post a Comment