Sunday, September 6, 2015

"No one even mentioned my casserole!"

The week before transfers is always crazy here in Raglan!

One of our members brothers died on Saturday so we have been helping out with that for the past couple of days. We went over and mowed his lawn and trimmed his hedges just so that he will be able to do the proper preparations for his funeral. We went over to the Marae yesterday and paid our respects and it seems at every funeral I get invited to I get called on to speak regardless of how well I know the person. When I got up to speak yesterday my mind went blank and after having a short prayer in my head I began to bear testimony about the first principles and ordinances of the gospel and how the final step in the gospel is to endure to the end and how Bro. Eketone has done just that. 

I remembered a scripture in the New Testament that I had read earlier that week in my personal study and it says "And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say: For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say." (Luke 12:11-12) and how literally it was and has been fulfilled but only if I am open to inspiration and worthy to receive it. 

We spent the rest of the week contacting less-actives from our ward list and former investigators from our area book and we have a few set appointments for this next week but the majority of them said that they "weren't really interested in the whole Mormon thing anymore". I love the people here in Raglan but sometimes they just need a slap (haha not really...)

Hope all goes well this week with transfers and everything but I am probably going to stay here in Raglan. 

Love you guys!

Elder Mitchell




Attached are a picture of one of our recent converts at the space center



and my companion playing around with a 'sheep stick'.

No comments:

Post a Comment