Monday, April 6, 2015

"Stay Cool Bret"

Pretty good week here in Rototuna and I have been getting pretty good biking workouts as we regularly bike 20k a day so I have been staying in shape. The area is pretty rich so we get fed very often which is good but I might gain weight if I am not careful. We haven't gotten General Conference yet here but I am definitely looking forward to it this week.

Easter has just passed here in NZ and I am so thankful for the sacrifice by our Lord and Savior and that through him we may all have eternal life. As a missionary I get to bless the lives of others by bringing the gospel to them but it is only through Christ that the blessings come.

I don't really have much to say but that'll have to do until next week.

Elder Mitchell

This is his response to my letter to him.  I thought I would share it as well:

We still haven't gotten to see conference yet and I am looking forward to it but we get it a week after you guys. During this last week I studied the gospels with an emphasis on the atonement and found some very interesting stuff such as why he was able to atone for our sins. I often remember the 3 little aliens from Toy Story when they say " You saved our lives, We are eternally grateful" and how we can never pay back the debt that he paid for us but by giving our lives to him and devoting our hearts, might, mind, and strength to him we can show him our gratitude for that great and last sacrifice.

I love you guys and I hope that you know that and I think of you everyday but I know that this is where I am supposed to be. 

Elder Mitchell
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment