Monday, December 22, 2014

"Who's the Boom King?"

Hey Everyone!!!

Its been a pretty slow week here in Tokoroa but we had our Christmas Conference and a baptism! At the Christmas Conference I got to see a bunch of the other elders that I were in my intake such as Elder Lingwall. We heard some really good talks, got some small gifts, and met some interesting missionaries. I took some pictures and video of the event but the video didn't turn out very well. 

The rest of the week was pretty basic here in Tokoroa and not much happened except for exchanges where I took the lead on the lessons/discussions because my companion was too nervous to talk to the people. I am surprised that I haven't really gotten homesick yet but we are so busy that I hardly have time to think about stuff like that. I get frustrated when I am shopping on my P-day and I am looking for something like strawberry flavored cream cheese or something else that seems pretty common and they don't have it but yet they have hundreds of different types of candy and chocolate.

Tara's Baptism was on Saturday, December 20th and was also Day 30 out in the field for me. I met with her for the first time and I invited her to be baptized and although she seemed hesitant she agreed. Not many people came to her baptism but she didn't care because she knew that it was the right thing to do. I am so proud of her and all the progress she has made and just thinking back at who I was 30 days ago is pretty freaky. I am so glad to be here in Tokoroa even though I can't get my companion to stop singing ;).

Elder Mitchell #SelfieKing

Elder Lingwall and I at Christmas Conference.

Tara and I at her baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment