Monday, December 15, 2014

"Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros"

We had stake conference and met with a lot of new people this week!

At Stake Conference we had Elder Pearson of the First quorum of the Seventy come and talk to us and Elder Coward who is an Area Seventy which was pretty cool and I got to talk with Elder Pearson for a few moments afterwards. The meeting went really well and we got 3 of our investigators to come and most of our ward came as well and many of our Less-Actives came with them. Since the beginning of the month we have been told as missionaries to try and get as many people to come to church and to give out at least 10 of the special Christmas cards to get the word out.
 
We visited with Tara this week and she seems really excited to be baptized and has been studying her scriptures and praying everyday. We have her set for the 20th but we are meeting with her at least twice a week to get in all the lessons and last week she asked me to baptize her which was is an honor. We have been teaching Jake once a week but everytime we come and visit him he keeps trying to find inconsistencies with the Book of Mormon, the Bible, and what we are teaching him so he keeps getting held up on different things like since Jesus fulfilled the atonement we are all saved and don't have to do anything as long as we confess that "Jesus Christ our Lord". Its been pretty rough and after talking to the Zone Leaders they say that we should continue meeting with him regardless.
 
Its been pretty good here in Tokoroa and I love the people but sometimes they can be so stubborn! We have been working out everyday at this field near our house and I set a goal to do one lap(I'm not sure how far it is but its definitely longer then 400m) in 75 seconds last weekend and on Saturday I ran 71.11 so I beat my goal so now I want to run 68. Its been nice to see improvements in not just my athletic but social and spiritual life as well and I know that they are all blessings.
 
That's all for today but until next time....

Love you guys!!!!!

-Elder Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment