Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Transfer week!


Kia Ora everyone!!

There have been times in the last 18 months where I have wanted to be transferred from an area just to keep things fresh. Now in my last little while here in the NZHM, I don't want to leave this area any time soon. While I have not gotten transfer news yet, in my weekly letter to President Rudd, he hinted that I will probably be staying (Fingers crossed). That said, I will go happily if I am called to another area. 

Other then a few door slams we had a pretty amazing week! We got a new Branch Mission Leader, Brother Whitehead (He used to be 1st Counselor in the Branch Presidency) who is the man!. We now have a new 1st Counselor in the BP, Brother Napia and a new Elders Quorum President, Brother Sands! We had a meeting with all of the Branch Leaders and discussed changes that will be made under the new leadership. We are all definitely looking forward to these new callings as our new BML has hit the ground sprinting with his new calling!

We did a lot of service this week preparing the members and non-members for the upcoming winter season with firewood (yes, it does get kinda cold here. Also no-one has central heating so they all use fireplaces LOL). I have had to brush up on my High School Spanish because one of our LA ladies here in Paeroa is Chilean and she doesn't speak much english so I have to 'translate' for Elder Finau when we go over there to do service, She also makes the meanest hispanic food so that is payment enough :).

Also our Mission President finishes on the 1st of July so if you ever see Charles Rudd around, give him some love! He deserves a break from us hahahaha :) 

Arohanui, Elder Mitchell 

No comments:

Post a Comment