Sunday, May 24, 2015

"It's a cold night, under the street light"

This week I lost my companion!!!

While we were biking to one of our appointments I turned around to see if Elder Rochefort was following me still but when I turned around he was gone. I looked around for a couple minutes before calling President Rudd but still he was nowhere to be seen. After arranging a search party with one of our office couples and several of the other missionaries in our District we went out and after an hour of being lost we found him about 2K from our flat on one of the main roads. I guess he turned one way thinking it was a shortcut and ended up getting lost and going to our chapel because that's where he thought we were headed. We didn't get back to our flat till around 9:45 but I spent the next hour fixing his bike because he said that the reason he missed the turn was because his seat was bugging him.

We also went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders and Elder Rochefort went to Pukete and Elder Rasband came over to Rototuna to be with me. I found out that Elder Rasband is Kyle Johnson's 1st cousin which was so cool. We had a really good discussion about missionary life and I shared with him some of the problems that I have been facing as an Elder and he gave me some tips to deal with some of the stress I have been having over the past couple of months and weeks. I think the exchange went pretty well but it also taught me that I have a lot of work to do if I want to be the best missionary I can be. 

That'll have to be all for this week!!

Elder Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment