Sunday, February 28, 2016

"I'm the only one that stopped to see if he's dead."

Transfer week and I am in my 6th area!!!!

Because of the problems that have been happening in my new area the past couple of transfers, President Rudd gave me a call on Tuesday telling me that I am being transferred to clean up a mess that the previous missionaries have caused. I am now in the Paeroa Branch with Elder Niu'unga who is from Tonga. A few months ago I was serving in Te Aroha which is only about 10 minutes south of Paeroa so we got to know a few of the locals so I was able to hit the ground running and make connections with people because of my past areas and the people that I have been around.

I had a great last couple of days in Gizzy and got to see some of my investigators before leaving. I was kinda sad to get the news that I was leaving but I decided to put my head down and work. When I left we had 6 people that are super close to baptism and on my last night in Gisborne, I had the chance to set Allie and Nathan for baptism on the 19th of March. They asked if I could come down and baptize them when the date comes but I said our mission president probably would not allow it. I have had a really bad streak of baptisms my whole mission. Every time I set an investigator for baptism, I always get transferred before the date comes.

The Branch up here in Paeroa is a really good little group of people. The area covers several small towns including: Paeroa, Waihi, Whangamata, Thames, Ngatea, Karangahake, Kerepehi,and Puriri. We spend quite a bit of time driving everyday but it is good because we get to work in a lot a different areas and see a variety of people. This next transfer is an 8 week transfer so we will be here for a bit longer but hopefully that will be long enough to see some baptisms!!!!

Elder Mitchell


Pics are of Allie and Nathan on my last in Gizzy and of me with a bronze statue here in Waihi. 


No comments:

Post a Comment